Welcome to Aptoide developer page
Aptoide is an open source approach to repositories in Android. With Aptoide you can create your own repositories of applications, and use the client to download, remove and update them, from your's or others repositories.
For more information, please go to http://aptoide.com.
If you are a developer, join Aptoide Group at: http://groups.google.com/group/aptoide-dev
If you can't find your problem already reported by other users in the Ticket Tree, open a new ticket report as the information in it might be helpful to other users.
For more up-to-date news, follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/aptoide
How to contribute ?
Aptoide is open source and open to contributions. If you want to contribute, download Aptoide source and write your contribution that might be a correction or a new feature. After testing it, mail aptoide (at) aptoide.com with the patch and a brief description of the contribution.
Do you want to collaborate in Aptoide Translation ? Send us a email to aptoide [AT] aptoide.com with the language that you want to translate. You should be fluent in english (base language). Join our translator team!
Get the source code
Aptoide is released under GNU GPL V2 license. This way, you can get all the source code from our SVN repository and make any changes you want, providing original credit is maintained.
To get all the source code, you must have some SVN program on your computer. Then, you can check out the source code by (in linux):
svn co http://aptoide.org/repo/aptoide-client/<versions do fetch> <destination folder>
You can also get the unstable, bleeding edge version of the code, from the unstable folder. This code is a daily snapshot For that, check out as:
svn co http://aptoide.org/repo/aptoide-client/unstable <destination folder>
Server side code can be fetch from:
svn co http://aptoide.org/repo/aptoide-server <destination folder>
Aptoide 4.1 (due to May 2013):
- Extra files (obb)
- Forgot password
- Trusted Apps priority in search (info.xml)
- Acra - crash report server
- Custom stores
- Geo Editors Choice (country filtering)
- Consistent style (Holoeverywhere)
- Categories in menus should be translated
Aptoide 4.0 (Launched):
- New parsing of XML (load in memory, better logic, UI and parsing in parallel)
- Store centric interface (to be confirmed)
- Check updates automatically
- Settings: Remove APKs with more than 30 days
Aptoide 2.7.1 (Launched):
- Bug corrections from 2.7.0 (blank due to categories, scheduled downloads, SHA1 validation)
- Cache of Featured and Tops
- Transparent update without need of reload of stores and insert in DB
- New HTTP API client
- Login / Sign Up consistent with AptoideUploader?
- Using of Webservices tag
- Settings option -> Clean APK / Icones cache
Version 2.7 (Launched in June 2012 ):
- Major Interface Changes
- Now you can swype between tabs
- Progressive Icon Loading
- Performance improvements
- Performance boost
- Store parsing much faster
- Initial loading is gone
- Overall experience is smoothier
- Featured Applications Tab
- Editors' Choice apps
- Top Applications in "apps" Store
- Creating a new account is now easier
- Comment/Like? your favorite application in few simple steps
- Dynamic Stores saving
- If you reinstall Aptoide or a new upgrade is available, you will not lose your saved stores.
- Automatic Resume when on Wi-Fi
- If you lose connection on a download, Aptoide will automaticaly resume it when a Wi-Fi connection is available.
- Adult filter refined
Version 2.6.2 (Launched April 2012):
- Optimization of the bootstrap of Aptoide
- New categ for open source apps (#593)
- save of repos in XML (for avoiding have to insert it again)
- Screenshots in AppInfo? should have proper thumbnails (thumbs/mobile)
- Support for webservicespath, imgpath, screenpaths, apkpath from Aptoide V2 protocol
- Progressive Icone loading (as in NeoiClient?)
- Provide more information on errors (#502 / #585)
- Cancel installation loop bug (#603)
- .myapp installation (#604)
Version 2.6.1 (Launched):
- Auto-Update repos option
- Document enhancement
- Mature content filtering option in Settings
- Make Aptoide appear as "searchable" in Android search widgets
- (Add Store window) Add an opt-out field if it is a Bazaar store or not (to disable Webservices)
- Intent https://market.android.com/details?id=
- Interface enhancements: arrow for downloads / uploads, K and M units, letters for navigation in lists)
Check roadmap of OlderVersions.
- MD5 hash and version code IS included in info.xml
- A new file (extra.xml) IS available with the description and snapthost of the application. The goal in having it in a different file is scalability and turning description loading optional in the client side
Branding and Image
The use of Aptoide brand and logo is encouraged.
See bellow the guidelines for the use of the Aptoide logo and branding:
- Aptoide is a trademark of Aptoide, lda. It may be mentioned but not should be used in the name of other products (e.g. "Aptoide XPTO")
- Check the different AptoideLogos Aptoide logo and guidelines?